The Clinical Nurse Educator as Inside Researcher
Mr. Allan Seraj, RN
Citation Information :
Seraj, RN MA. The Clinical Nurse Educator as Inside Researcher. 2014; 7 (2):6-12.
CC BY-NC 4.0
Copyright © 2014; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.
- , Worthington, F. (2007) Ethnographies of work and the work of ethnography. Ethnography; 8: 4, 395-402.
- , & Coghlan, D. (2007). In defense of being native: the case for insider academic research. Organisational Research Methods, 10(1), 59-74.
- J. (2007). The researcher „in the middle.: Negotiating the insider/outsider dichotomy. The Australian Community Psychologist, 19(1), 163-174.
- , & Tolhurst, G. (2002). Insider-outsider perspectives of participant observation. Nurse Researcher, 9(4), and 7-19.
- (2001). “Do you really live here?” Thoughts on insider research. Geographical Review, 91(1), 441-453.
- (1997). Being a „marginal native.: Dilemmas of the participant observer. Nurse Researcher, 5(1), and 25-34.
- (1973) The Interpretation of Cultures: Selected essays. New York: Basic Books.
- (2005) A Fairly Short, Fairly Interesting and Reasonably Cheap Book About Studying Organisations. London: SAGE publications.
- (2002). Insider knowledge: Issues in insider research. Nursing Standard, 16(46), 33-35.
- (1993). Research methods: researching peers and familiar settings. Research Papers in Education, 8(2), and 199-225.
- V. (2002) The Risk of “Going Observationalist”: Negotiating the hidden dilemmas of being an insider participant observer, Qualitiative Research, 2, 1, 97- 122.
- (2003). Methodology for close up studies - struggling with closeness and closure. Higher Education, 46, 167-193.
- K. (1973).Anthropology and colonialism. Current Anthropology, 14(5), 581602.
- (1981)Endogenous Research: Rationale. In P. Reason & J. Rowan (eds) Human Inquiry: A sourcebook for new paradigm research. Chichester: John Wiley & Sons pp. 227-238.
- (1972) Insiders and Outsiders; A chapter in the sociology of knowledge, American Journal of Sociology, 78(July), 9-47.
- (2008). Researching a secondary school in Malta. In P. Sikes & A. Potts (Eds.), Researching education from the inside (pp. 80-94). New York, NY: Rutledge.
- (2007) Ethnography and staying in your own nest. Nurse Researcher; 14: 3, 15-24.
- (2005). Researching from the inside- does it compromise validity? [Electronic Version].Level 3, May 2005, 1-19. Retrieved 12.12.13 from http://level3.dit.ie/html/issue3/rooney/rooney. Pdf.
- F. (2003).Ethics in qualitative research and evaluation. Journal of Social Work, 3(1), 9-29.
- , & Holian, R. (2008).Credibility Issues in Research from within Organisations. In P. Sikes & A. Potts (Eds.), Researching education from the inside (pp. 33-47). New York, NY: Taylor & Francis.
- et al (2006) constructing a new approach to developing evidence-based practice with nurses and older people. Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing; 3: 2, 62-72.
- H. (1950). The sociology of Georg Simmel. New York, NY: Free Press.