Pondicherry Journal of Nursing

Register      Login

VOLUME 9 , ISSUE 2 ( May-Aug, 2016 ) > List of Articles

RESEARCH ARTICLE

Effectiveness Of Communication Board On The Level Of Satisfaction Of The Communication Pattern Among Patients On Mechanical Ventilation

Hannah Aswini D.S.

Keywords : Effectiveness, Communication Board, Mechanical Ventilation

Citation Information : D.S. HA. Effectiveness Of Communication Board On The Level Of Satisfaction Of The Communication Pattern Among Patients On Mechanical Ventilation. 2016; 9 (2):20-23.

DOI: 10.5005/pjn-9-2-20

License: CC BY-NC 4.0

Published Online: 01-08-2016

Copyright Statement:  Copyright © 2016; Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.


Abstract

Objectives: To assess the Effectiveness of communication board on the level of satisfaction of the communication pattern among patients on mechanical ventilation. Methods: Quantitative approach. Experimental posttest only design. simple random sampling technique Result: 90% of the patients in the experimental group felt little difficulty in communicating their needs and the remaining 10% of the patients feels no difficulty at all. Among control group, 93% of the patients finds extreme difficulty in communicating their needs. Conclusion: The study finding reveals that patient who uses communication board on ventilation had significant increase in the level of satisfaction incommunication


PDF Share
  1. Patak L, et al. (2004). Patient's reports of health care practitioner interventions related to communication during mechanical ventilation. Heart and Lung,33(5):308-320.
  2. Patak L., et al. (2006). Communication boards in critical care: Patient's views. Applied Nursing Research, 19(4): 182-190.
  3. Harvey Pressman, Emily Newman, Juli Pearson. Communication access with in environment. Central coast children foundation and Baulder community hospital.
  4. Hoit, J. D., Lohmeier, H. L., et al. (2003). Clinical ventilator adjustments thatimprove speech. Chest 124(4): 1512-1521.
  5. Brown, John, Marybeth Communication Ability, Method, and Content Among Nonspeaking: Discussion American Journal of Critical Care. 2004;
  6. Rue M Kleinpell, Patak E, Wilson stronks A, Costello J, Pearson c, Henneman EA, Happ MB. Communication in ICU. Advance for nurses. 2008 December 10; 6:18-21
PDF Share

© Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) LTD.